Saturday 22 March 2014

Two left

On Thursday we had our penultimate rehearsal, oh my goodness, just two left - well, one now! 

There's still so much to do, the Hobbit and I will be dedicating most of this weekend (aside from a couple of dinners out and a yoga class) to the show and everything that goes along with it.  As you know I made a list, I'm going to have made several more lists by the end of the weekend I'm sure.

Tickets are selling, with more sold every time the box office is checked, which is great,but we are very Saturday night heavy - in fact Saturday night is completely sold out!  I'm so pleased but just now need a few more tickets to be sold on the other nights, I'm sure that it'll come, we are still over a week out so there's still plenty of time, isn't there?

Anyway, back to rehearsal on Thursday.  Have I said that I love my cast?  They take direction extremely well, know their lines, know their blocking and are completely a team.  I'm almost sad that we don't rehearse twice a week like plays usually do, not that Team Ghost actually need the extra rehearsals!  It was Kelley's birthday on Wednesday and I had hoped to make her a cake but I just didn't have time during the week, I will try to squeeze that in on Sunday and surprise her on Monday, unless she reads this blog and then it wont be a surprise will it?

We had two good run throughs with light and music.  I love the music I have chosen for the show, it really sets the atmosphere and who doesn't love a polka, right?  We were going to do another run through but I decided to let the cast go early, they have worked so hard over the last couple of months and I know they're ready, it's just about tightening up in a few places, I really can't wait to see the finished product.

We are rehearsing on Monday next week - our last one - and I want to definitely get three run throughs in.  I have asked the cast to come pretty much in the costumes that they will wear for the show and I want to try to get props in as much as possible so that they have a chance to get used to them before we go into show week.  Again, another job for the weekend.  Right, I have to go do box office stuff now with the Hobbit and I'll blog again after Monday anyway.  Oh, have you booked your tickets yet?????

Song of the day - Michael Gray - The weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment