Tuesday 25 March 2014

And now, the end is near

That's it then, my final rehearsal with my fabulous cast.  I've some everything I think I can and now it's up to them.

I wanted to get three run throughs in last night, knowing as I do that we probably won't get to run it through on Sunday at tech rehearsal.  Yes, I know I'm a slave driver but they'll thank me for it in the end, won't they?  We got off to a slightly late start, in part due to the excitement caused by the appearance of a chocolate cake, made by someone who couldn't lay in on Sunday morning!  This was a late celebration of Caroline's birthday and Kelley's birthday last week that I hadn't had a chance to bake for.

Partway through our first run, our fabulous make up lady arrived to help do a trial run for my team, lucky she did as a lack of communication between her and I had created a slightly different look than I was going for.  Luckily, it's easily sorted.

We had additional props tonight, one in particular that was absolutely necessary and worked so very, very well.  It was a very well spent £8!

We got all of the runs in that I wanted to, followed by the walk down so everyone should know where they are standing at the end to take their bows.

I am so very proud of them.  They have worked so hard on bringing my play to life and I couldn't be happier with them all.  Over the next few days I will be working on the behind the scenes stuff.  We need to push ticket sales, still a little way to go to target, I know that it will pick up but I'd rather it did before show week so I can rest easy!  So if you are reading this and you haven't bought your ticket yet, come on!  Give a girl a break!

Song of the day - Europe - The Final Countdown

No comments:

Post a Comment